- The Technical Director is responsible for the long-term strategic planning of new products, technologies as well as overseeing both the R & D and QA departments.
- Evaluates, prioritizes and coordinates projects and special assignments with department staff.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement and proactive approach to new technologies, ingredients, market trends and regulatory trends.
- Maintain the requirements of BRC regarding new initiatives/regulations, corrective action follow-up, training programs, and any other requirements related to these international standards.
- Back-up to QA Manager and R & D Manager in their absence.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead the Research & Development team in developing new products, product lines, and product improvement initiatives.
- Supervises and mentors R&D and QA staff to ensure the effective organization of departmental workflows. Supervision includes the recommendation of staffing, hiring, termination and discipline. Setting performance expectations and evaluating staff, and staff development.
- Responds to Consumer and Customer inquiries as required and resolves problems related to repeat quality defects.
- Refines policies and procedures, as needed, incorporating best practices gained from external networking.
- Lead the Quality Assurance team in maintaining test standards, GMP’s and quality protocols, and continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- Assist with technical troubleshooting of production issues.
- Maintain awareness of technical, legislative, industry and market trends and provide technical assessment and recommendations to the Management group.
- Monitor on-going production to evaluate opportunities for improvement.
- Assess and analyze competitor products for comparison to Chapman’s products and capabilities. Maintain product yields data base and production recipes and ensure proper tracking of changes.
- Develop and maintain strong effective relationships with supplier and customer technical, sales and marketing teams to ensure clearly communicated expectations and fast turnaround times required to fulfill expectations.
- Back-up to R & D Manager and QA Manager regarding HACCP duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to network and partner with vendors, Colleges and Universities, and other external sources to exchange information, collaborate on projects, share resources, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- University Degree or diploma in a related field and 15+ years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree (Masters) in a related field plus 10 years of relevant experience.
- Strong project management skills, excellent organizational and communication skills, ability to work effectively with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with Private Label customers.
- Direct technical experience in the Food Industry (R&D, QA/QC, product development).
- Strong understanding of ingredient functionality, food safety and regulatory affairs.
Required work in office, plant, pilot plant environments locally and at vendor or customer facilities as required. Occasional travel is required.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- FREE ICE CREAM
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.Apply Now
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!