The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for supervising maintenance staff, and will perform general production maintenance. The Maintenance Supervisor will coordinate the day-to-day operation of the maintenance department. He/she will be responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and support equipment according to safety, predictive and preventative maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives. Check out Chapman’s Facility Measures In Response To COVID-19.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Customer Focus
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Maintaining equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Manage and supervise the maintenance staff and ensure that all requisite tasks are handled quickly, efficiently and cost effectively.
- Meet with crews daily, to review previous shift problems, assign task and communicate issues.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment when necessary and perform scheduled and preventive maintenance repairs as required.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- As required, coordinate and monitor contractor and capital activities for projects.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Set priorities for preventative maintenance work orders, maintenance requests and scheduled work.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Assist in the orientation, training and assessments of maintenance hourly staff.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Keep current with ongoing changes and new technology and adapt accordingly.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Promptly work on people and food safety concerns involving H&S and Quality Assurance Managers as required for most effective resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring that all departmental documentation is completed according to standard operating procedures.
- Participate and lead performance conversations with employees on a regular basis and to monitor employee’s progress toward achieving performance goals.
- Back up to Chief Engineer position to ensure HACCP and TSSA duties and responsibilities are met.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- High school diploma/GED Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Coordination experience.
- A mechanical or electrical trade designation is preferred. Will need to acquire RB operator’s license.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the supervision of Maintenance or skilled trades.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Provide functional leadership, coaching and technical support.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong communication, motivation and problem-solving skills.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problem.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- First Aid skills and/or certificated are considered assets.
- May be required to work weekends or overtime.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Group home and auto insurance
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Job stability (no layoffs)
- FREE ICE CREAM!!
- We enjoy what we do and we do it best!
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as needed.Apply Now
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!