Reports to: Head Electrician
The Electrician will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in a manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Electrician will also routinely perform preventative maintenance in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient, and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization. This role is specific to nightshift, 10:30 pm – 7:30 am. Check out Chapman’s Facility Measures In Response To COVID-19.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Timely and organized response to equipment related problems that impact production requirements.
- To complete electrical troubleshooting, emergency or scheduled repairs on all equipment involved with production and supporting departments.
- Install and maintain electrical and electronic components on various equipment.
- Responsible for housekeeping, work area, ordering required parts, and maintaining shop equipment/tools.
- Address safety issues and concerns immediately.
- Diagnose and remedy all electrical troubles and repair/replace all electrical components as required.
- Assist other trades and perform other duties as required.
- Any other related duties as assigned by your immediate Supervisor.
- Work safely on ladders, lifts and scaffolds.
- Maybe be required to work overtime, weekends, or alternate shifts.
- Work closely with Supervisors to ensure plant, machines and equipment is ready for production.
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs are done based on assigned schedules.
- Follow all lock out/tag out procedures as required.
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety and Environmental and PPE requirements.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspects and maintain/improve the existing PM systems.
- Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance records and work orders.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Work on other electrical projects as required and coordinate with Electrical Contractors.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant company, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes, and specifications.
- Licensed Industrial (442A) or Construction (309A) Electrician required.
- 2-5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Electrician, preferably in a Food manufacturing.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Must have knowledge of PLC, control systems, servo drives and AC/DC drives.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in adverse working environment.
- Strong verbal, written and reading English comprehension skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a positive, solutions-oriented team player.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime and rotating shifts when necessary.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Emergency call ins and weekend checks may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc. Mandatory equipment will be provided
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Manual dexterity and the ability to remain standing, crouching or bending for long periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as needed.
What We Offer:
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- FREE ICE CREAM
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.Apply Now
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!