NUMBER OF POSITIONS:
1 – Immediate Availability
The Research and Development Product Developer creates and develops new products and product lines incorporating existing and new ingredients, techniques, and technologies. This individual is responsible for recipe and formula management and development and ensuring that all new materials comply with applicable legislation and are seamlessly incorporated into existing systems and programs.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Executes product development projects from initial concept to commercial launch in a dynamic high-paced environment. Designs and creates new product prototypes. Determines correct ingredient labeling, nutritional and allergen information for all new products. Operates pilot plant equipment to produce samples of new products. Conducts plant trials of new and revised products. Performs flavour grading/assessment of existing and prototype materials. Able to clearly communicate technical information with all levels of the organization. Communicates directly with Suppliers and Purchasing Department to source new and replacement ingredients. Evaluates new flavours, ingredients, and competitor samples. Provides manufacturing support by troubleshooting technical issues. Maintains detailed records. Maintains a clean, tidy and safe work environment. Complies with all plant safety and food safety/GMP rules. Performs other duties as directed.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a related field (food manufacturing and specifically dairy)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or a related field
- This candidate must have an excellent understanding of GMP’s, allergen control, and food regulations
- Strong communication, organizational, and computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Ice cream or dairy experience an asset
- Ability to prioritize and meet ambitious deadlines
Required work in office, plant, pilot plant environments locally and at vendor or customer facilities as required. On call availability 24/7 if and as required by operations. Occasional travel is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as needed.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive wages
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Group home and auto insurance
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Job stability (no layoffs)
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- FREE ICE CREAM!!
- We enjoy what we do and we do it best
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Learn more about Chapman’s Ice Cream here and the way we make our ice cream. Check out Chapman’s Facility Measures In Response To COVID-19.Apply Now
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!