The PLC Programmer is responsible for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s) used for the control and automation of Chapman’s production systems.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Using control descriptions, I/O lists, electrical schematics, and drawings, creating PLC/HMI code for control of various systems.
- Assist Maintenance with start-up and troubleshooting of applied programming.
- Work with Maintenance and outside support to develop products and systems, ensuring compliance with engineering standards.
- Submit status reports to management on progress of assigned projects.
- Program troubleshooting, problem identification and resolution.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, with at least 5 years’ field experience.
- Ability to modify and updated HMI graphics.
- Is highly motivated, with demonstrated initiative.
- High proficiency with Allen Bradley PLC systems and SCADA devices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide innovative and creative solutions.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems.
- Experience to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment in an industrial environment.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external clients, and ensuring changes/ modifications are well-documented.
- Define and maintain PLC/HMI standards.
- Work to Chapman’s PLC and SCADA standards.
- Maintain documentation on all changes and enhancements for PLC/HMI.
- Demonstrated skills in technical documentation.
- Conduct required PLC/HMI maintenance and upgrades.
- Experience with coaxial & Ethernet devices.
- Strong knowledge of communication protocols for SCADA
- Strong understanding of industrial instrumentation, common interface types, etc.
- Ability to work independently within a dynamic team environment.
- Must be computer literate with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must be results- and team-oriented.
- Proven experience performing electrical/electronic troubleshooting of equipment.
- Required to work in both plant and office environments.
- Average weekly hours of 42.5.
- On-call for support/special projects/emergencies.
- Occasional travel may be required.
What We Offer:
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- FREE ICE CREAM
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as needed.Apply Now
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!