Reports to: Chief Engineer
This position is accountable for contributing to various Operating Engineering tasks as well as supporting production Maintenance requirements. This position will be responsible for the safe operation of equipment, minimize downtime, and ensure efficient operations of the plant. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. This position will also routinely perform preventative maintenance in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient, and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization. Team members are required with the following qualifications and will perform the duties listed below. Check out Chapman’s Facility Measures In Response To COVID-19.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Maintain and operate boilers, air compressors, ammonia refrigeration, cooling towers, and various other facility equipment.
- Perform boiler feedwater and cooling water tests.
- Communicate daily engineering activities with Chief Engineer and update all engineering logs daily.
- Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance records and work orders.
- Responsible for housekeeping, a clean work area, ordering required parts, and maintaining shop equipment/tools.
- Address safety issues and concerns immediately.
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs are done based on assigned schedules.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives on all aspects and maintain/improve the existing PM systems.
- Timely and organized response to equipment related problems that impact production requirements.
- Assist other trades and other duties as required.
- Any other related duties as assigned by your immediate Supervisor.
- Work safely on ladders, lifts and scaffolds.
- Maybe be required to work overtime, weekends, or alternate shifts.
- Attend prescribed courses and training as required.
- Complete other projects as assigned by Maintenance Management.
- Work closely with Supervisors to ensure plant, machines and equipment is ready for production.
- Follow all lock out/tag out procedures as required.
- Follow company policies on Health, Safety and Environmental and PPE requirements.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant company, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes, and specifications.
- Must have: a valid TSSA 3rd Class Operating Engineer Certificate or Refrigeration B operator certificate
- 2-5 years’ experience as an Operating Engineer, preferably in a Food manufacturing
- Experience with maintaining and operating Steam Boilers, Air Compressors, Ammonia Refrigeration.
- Industrial Millwright or IMM certification will be an asset.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in adverse working environment.
- Strong verbal, written and reading English comprehension skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a positive, solutions-oriented team player
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work overtime and rotating shifts when necessary.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc, mandatory equipment will be provided
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to remain standing, crouching or bending for long periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as needed.
What We Offer:
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- FREE ICE CREAM
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.Apply Now
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!