The Head Electrician will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in a manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Head Electrician will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient, and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization.
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- lnstall, test, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment.
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment, and components. This may involve working with Contractors with specialty equipment (Thermal Imaging, High Voltage equipment etc.)
- Maintain accurate and up to date maintenance records.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Direct and train other workers and apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Work on other electrical projects as required and coordinate with Electrical Contractors.
- Coordinate with the current Alarm company for the fire protection system, alarm call ins and system PMs.
- Coordinate repairs, PMs, capital projects and production support issues between and across the other Maintenance shifts to ensure problems are communicated to all affected.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant company, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes, and specifications.
- Work closely with the ESA Inspector while maintaining the electric logs for all work completed on new and existing equipment and electrical panels
- Backup to both Chief Operator and Maintenance Supervisor in regard to HACCP duties and responsibilities.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Licensed Industrial (442A) or Construction (309A) Electrician required
- Minimum 5 years’ lndustrial Electrician experience required with preference given to those with a background in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment.
- Good troubleshooting and all-round knowledge of PLC’s
- Experience with routine maintenance operations.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in adverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, specifications, and ladder logic.
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures.
- Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Computer literate.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- Emergency call ins and weekend checks may be required.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb and stand/walk for majority of shift
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc, mandatory equipment will be provided
- Overtime as required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to remain standing, crouching or bending for long periods of time.
What We Offer:
- Excellent benefit package
- Generous performance-based bonuses
- Excellent pension package
- Active social committee
- Employee assistance program
- Uniforms and boots are provided
- Subsidized lunches at our onsite Cafeteria
- Work in the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility
- Opportunity to grow with the company
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Wellness program
- FREE ICE CREAM
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries, please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time and as needed.
Get your $4 coupon here!
To request a coupon by mail, please click here to complete the form!